Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Monday, November 01, 2004

No Rant Tomorrow Morning...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

Gleetings...

I am going to visit with The Lovely's parents for tonight and tomorrow, and as a result it's unlikely that I will be able to update the Rant for tonight's market action.
As far as prognositcations go, I am pretty sure that the Bin Laden tape has played well to the "terrorised soccer Mom/defiant (but non-military) Nascar Dad" folks who live in the cheap seats (but who think they're in the top 10% of the earnings distribution ... surveys show that 65% of Americans think that they are in the top decile).
As such, I think that the early downer that has been seen in the futures (with Nasdaq futures down 6 as I write) will be reversed as markets bet on a Bush victory.
However I still think Kerry will win, but I don't think it will make a hair' difference to US foreign policy. If Ariel Sharon was dumped, maybe US foreign policy would change, but that's a while other story.