Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

NonRant: Just a Test of the RantBox...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

Post-script: JOY!! It works!. (Of course I thought it would...).

You might find that it's a bit slow - part of that is because it re-renders the chart every time. Once it's up and going properly, I will force the script to check if the chart exists already, then retrieve the chart ratehr than draw the whole thing over again.

That said, the time it's taking to load (4-5 seconds on my machine) is dramatically slower than the performance I get if I just run the script in a browser (1 sec, 2 max) rather than through a Javascript call.

If I can figure out how to get the RantBox window to open without all the menubar junk without Javascript, I'll ditch Javascript sooner than you can say "Hey, those RantBoxes open quicker now...")


I'm not sure if Blogger lets me use Javascript in my little RantBlog - if not it will be das and a bit of a pain in the buttock.

Anyhow... clicking on the link in the table below ought to bring up a RantBox, which as you will see is a rather spiffy gizom that quickly gives a chart and some other guff about a stock. It's still moderately primitive... I don't want to give TOO much away, but you will get some idea of what's to come...

Major Movers

All Ords Volume Leaders
Code Name Close +/- % Volume
ADY Admiralty Resources. 0.18 0 0% 38.29m
TLS Telstra Corporation. 5.39 0.01 0.19% 17.97m
BHP BHP Billiton 18.85 -0.44 -2.28% 17.93m
OXR Oxiana 0.97 0.04 4.3% 17.6m
DRT DB Rreef Trust 1.29 0.02 1.57% 14.29m
IAG Insurance Australia Group 6.43 -0.06 -0.92% 12.21m