Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

NonRant: I Should Mention...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

The reason that the 'normal' Rants aren't yet up and running for 2006 is because for the moment I am having to do everything from an internet cafe. You would think that €2000 in rent (and a declaration that the place had fast internet) would result in a place that had, well, fast internet. Not so.

While I'm constrained to internet cafes, I can't access the machinery that generates each Rant (although they are stored on my USB-wristwatch - the best device to hit the espionage market since the advent of the microdot). The versions stored on my wristwatch will not work without a secure environment, and I can't install the security on every machine in every internet face that I go to. Simple.

Anyhow - we will have a new place within a week or so, and then everything will be back to full bottle. Subscriber-version people needn't worry - subscriptions are not elapsing (i.e., everyone still has the same length of subscription left, as they had on December 20th).

I am flabbergasted at the lack of investment analysis resources for the French market... they don't even have a Finance segment on the news. Amazing. So, FrogRant is a lay-down misere.