Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Saturday, December 29, 2007

NonRant: Ooopsie...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

Just when you think that I've evolved enough to be let out unsupervised, I provide a gobbet of evidence to the contrary.

This time, I generated a problem while fiddling around with the template for the Blog, not realising that the people who access my babblings through RSS readers, will have gotten a blast of repeated blather every time I saved the template anew.

Sorry for that. I didn't realise it would be the case; I only just found out that when Blogger gave me back my treasured MarketRant name, it didn't keep things like metadata (keywords and so forth that help spread the Rant message... turning it into the blog equivalent of a SARS variant that somehow endows the sufferer with massive intelligence).

SARS? I hear you murmur (keep it down - you murmur waaay too loud.)

Yes, SARS. Not the shortened form of Sarsaparilla (or sarsparilla if you prefer - never did get a handle on how it was spelt or spelled or however you spell the past tense of spell). I mean the last supposed pandemic that was going to wipe us all out unless we gave the government greater power and stopped talking to foreigners or travelling. Y'know - the one before 'grippe aviare' (bird flu). The one that killed on an unprecedented sale (by 'unprecedented' I mean '120 people globally... one thousandth of the number killed by normal flu every year without fail, and one ten-thousandth of the toll from the last genuine epidemic form of influenza').

Anyway... all that remains is for YOU, dear and beloved reader, to inform those you know who used to read the musings of your beloved GT, that he is back. I don't want to spray e-mails hither and yon saying "I got my blog back" - except to people like the Red Giant and BlackEyes.

Note also I have made it easy again to subscribe to the RSS feed for the site (the little orange doohickey at  top right) and there are ads all over the place as well. I can't seem to get rid of the ad between the first post and the second - I have tried. I don't think clicking on it helps.