Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

AdminRant: Thanks for Your Feedback, But...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

I mentioned in this post that I was somewhat torn between a desire to reboot the USRant, and a desire to sex up the process by which the auto-generated bits of the OzRant are produced.

You all know that I am not a believer in democracy, however I received a heart-warming number of responses to that post, 97% of which asked that I change my mind and re-institute the USRant... even if it meant installing Excel in a Windows virtual machine or through an emulator like wine.

the other three percent didn't ask me to change my mind - two percent demanded that I change my mind, and the last two posts told me to stop taking myself and my stupid Rants so seriously, that nobody gave a rat's arse whether or not the USRant returned or not, that I should take my head out of my arse, and so on along the same lines. Generally speaking, the last two posts contained a lot of arse-related comments (although they preferred to use the US-donkey version... ass.

Well, I don't want anybody to think I have had a sudden Damascene conversion to democracy, so let's just say that I have decided to reinstate USRant solely to annoy those who expressed indifference or any of the arse-related sentiments.

I am busily trying to get fresh Index Component lists for the relevant US Sector Indices - if I get them done in time there will be a USRant tonight (Froggish time)... otherwise the new USRant season will kick off tomorrow.

On a side note, those who were PRO subscribers (you know who you are) who found their access ruined some time ago - the new and improved PRO is now operational. You ought to have received your e-mail by now - if not, please check your SPAM folder.

And last but not least: short US 10-year and/or 30-year bonds any time between now and Friday. They are going to get massacred.