Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Friday, August 22, 2008

NonRant: Up Up and Away...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

Boy am I beat. I've been grinding my way through the upload of just over a hundred mySQL tables (the data) and somewhere around 180 PHP scripts (the machinery), plus the usual requirement to instal Forums and what-not.

It's not the transfer that is a pain, or the unzipping. Any nong can use SFTP, and all decent control panels automatically associate zip and tar.gz files with a compressed file manager (hell, even Windows does that these days).

No, the big thing has been the requirement to fine tune scripts; there are some parts of the configuration that I can't change, and one thing in particular has buggered up every script that has relative references of the form

include ("../dir/filename')

I have no idea why, but those two dots have to be pared down to one. It's the first time I've seen such a thing.

So anyhow - the Forums are now operational (and smell of fresh paint), so get in there and give the place a once over... just be aware that most of the links from the front page won't work until I finish tidying up the move (in fact half of the front page elements aren't even in place yet... I need an hour or so of kip before I tackle anything further).

Anyhow - if you think that the Crude trade was a ripper, then listen up. This site, which I builded with my own hands, is going to be the most highly functioning stocks/commodities/charting/options site there is, bar none. The tools are good enough that an analyst as data-driven and calculation-obsessive as me, will want to use them in preference to anything going around (and I've got installations of pretty much everything). So if you want to find a horse to back, this is it. (And once its translated into French and German, another market eight times the size of Straya opens up)

But enough forecasting... I almost forgot to provide a link to the site. (Some marketing guru I turned out to be). It is

http://www.marketmentat.com

I will get all the links from within OzRant updated so that you all can click on the little links and see nicely set up basic stock and index analytics... right from within this very bloghole.