Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Monday, May 04, 2009

NonRant: Template Done...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

Well, that's that done. I managed to reduce the blog CSS file from 12k to about 6.5k; I got rid of ads that yielded bugger-all (I can't figure out how to ditch the ads at the end of each post - still working on that).

Another thing that seemed sensible, was to link the logo to the blog's top page - it is pretty much 'industry standard' now (and I thought I had already done it).

One thing I have been meaning to do for some time, is to force <br /> tags to look exactly the same was as a <p> tag would look; this would mean that I could ignore the fact taht the default carriage return is <br /> in my fave HTML editors (KompoZer for WinXP; Quanta+ for Linux).
If I have got it right, this should display the same as any other paragraph... that is, with 1em space above and below.
So should this... Nope - can't be done. Arse.

Notice - I have yet to say a single thing about the absolute BULLSHIT that government have been using to keep their livestock in a state of near-panic... "Swine Flu". Fuck's sake.