Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

KirRant: This Guy... This Guy Right Here...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

I'm kidding - I am not scheisen (however I am annoyed that French uses the same word for 'flight' (vol) as for theft. Stupid.

Also, 'tir' can mean "shoot" or "pull".

That could lead to all sorts of confusion if you're told to 'tir' the little red tabs on your life jacket...

But enough of dumbass French stuff (frankly I hope that after a couple of years I develop a sexy Froggish lilt to my English... I will probably end up sounding like Gabriel Gate or Inspector Clouseau (the real Peter Sellers version, not the abomination that I will never EVER watch with that hack Steve Martin).

But I digress...

The reason I've called you all together is to announce that I'vefinally figured out what weent wrong with COMMENTS. I've managed to re-enable them. So from now on if someone wants to tell me how handsome I am, it will be easy.

English mirrors French (in terms ofstupidity) sometimes. I noticed that there was a selection in the Blogger control panel that said "Moderate Comments". I thought "Who wants MODERATE comments? The more extreme, the more passionate the commentator! bring on IMMODERATE comments!".

But this was one of the few instances where you can make a sensible English sentence that can be interpreted two ways(we have LOADS more words than any other lingo). Obviously it was meant tosay MODERATE as in 'assess, adjudicate, censor'. Well, I don't want to do that either, but sionce I dont want a load of dickwad autobots sposting comments that say "I agree... buy Knob-Doubler 2006 from my website at this link", I reckon I will limit it to registered members. No idea how you register - I will find out and let you know...