Interdum stultus opportuna loquitur...

Friday, September 21, 2007

Take 450...

Note - from June 24th 2009, this blog has migrated from Blogger to a self-hosted version. Click here to go straight there.

It just never ends... when I tried to get my dashing new PHP version of the RantSheets to converse with Blogger Central, the results were catastrophic (not being alarmist or anything).

So the last two weeks (and then some) have been spent fixing some fairly significant damage to all the wizardry that generates the RantBox popups and he other stuff that is embedded in each Rant. I have no idea HOW, but the damage extended all the way to the databases which are used by the scripts in question (both of which are supposed to be on a secure area of my server). And tto top it off, my telephone line (and hence ADSL) has been buggy as well.

You might notice that the blog layout has changed (temporarily).

And all the stuff I've been missing out on: Greenspan's historical revisionism which is so blatant (and so near to actual events) that it makes Holocaust Denial seem tame by comparison... the emergency rate cut which shows that Ben Bernanke is even more gutless than Greenspan was... the breach of 80 on the USDX index and new record highs in both Oil and the Euro... and of course the drumbeat regarding Iran

I hesitate to say this (having had so many false dawns recently) but if my testing over the weekend goes properly, OzRant and USRant will finally begin again.

A few folks have obviously taken the view that I stopped doing the Daily Rants because I had lost interest - nothing could be further from the truth. At some stage in the future I will put fingers to keyboard and compile a memoir of the events of the last two years - I have copious journalia which have been compiled offline (on a machine that has never, and will never, be connected to the web... paranoia perhaps)

À lundi...